When’s The Best Time To Work Out?
Morning Workout Perks
- Other responsibilities will not get in the way of your workout.
- Morning workouts wake you up.
- They also help you sleep better at night.
- Cortisol, the stress hormone that also stores fat peaks in the AM, so a good morning workout will combat its effects.
- Working out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach can burn up to 20% more body fat (but be sure to eat within an hour of finishing your workout).
Evening Workout Perks
- Body temp is important and your body temp is the highest in the evening, which means your body is nice and warm instead of cold and stiff in the morning. This is good to know if you have injuries or mobility issues. If you work out in the morning, you gotta be hella warm.
- Reaction time is the highest and heart rate and blood pressure are the lowest in the PM, which combined together improve performance and minimize injury.
- Your body produces more testosterone in the PM, which is better for strength training.
The bottom line is find a realistic and consistent workout schedule no matter what time. Pro tip for AM Workout people: Don’t fuck around with the warm-up. Pro tip for the PM people: Treat your workout as an unbreakable appointment. Now browse our schedule and book them workouts!
Read more in: Knowledge Bombs